CCU58: Punch-Drunk Love and the Films of Paul Thomas Anderson
Mark and Aaron get back to this century with a look at Paul Thomas Anderson’s Punch-Drunk Love. Naturally we talk about Adam Sandler’s dramatic acting jobs, and … well … what happened to them? We go further into PTA’s career, film by film, chronicling the evolution of his craft and style. We explore why he is so popular, and question whether he belongs in the conversation of greatest living filmmakers.
Or listen here to it here:
For other apps or mobile devices, try this link.
Direct Download the Show on MP3.
3:40 – Punch Drunk Love
47:40 – Paul Thomas Anderson
- Criterion – Punch-Drunk Love
- Criterion – Paul Thomas Anderson’s Favorite Films
- The Film Faculty – PTA Retrospective
- Mark’s Amazon Wish List. Happy Birthday, Mark!
- Mark Hurne: Twitter | Letterboxd
- Aaron West: Twitter | Blog | Letterboxd
- Criterion Close-Up: Facebook | Twitter | Email
Next time on the podcast: Late Spring
Posted on February 6, 2017, in Podcast. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
I ma nominate you for a sunshine blogger award. https://diversfilms.wordpress.com/2017/03/13/my-first-sunshine-blogger-award-2017/
Reblogged this on .
Pingback: PODCAST: AtlanticSC Ep.13 Paul Thomas Anderson Retrospective Pt.2 Magnolia + Punch-Drunk Love – Film Faculty – Podcasts, Reviews, Discussions