Criterion Close-Up, the podcast. Mark Hurne and Aaron West talk about all things Criterion, including making our way slowly through the library, new releases and old, looking at film movements and history. We’re both aficionados and completists with a lot to say.
Follow the podcast on Twitter.
Follow us on Facebook.
For other apps or mobile devices, try this link.
CRITERION CLOSE-UP EPISODES
60. Julien Duvivier in the 1930s
59. Late Spring and the Films of Yasujirō Ozu
58. Punch-Drunk Love and the Films of Paul Thomas Anderson
57. French 1930s Part Two – Early Jean Renoir
56. Blood Simple (1984)
55. Cronos (1993)
54. Hausu Party
53. The Vanishing (1988)
52. Carnival of Souls (1962)
51. Mystery Train (1989) and Jim Jarmusch
50. French Series, Part 1: Silent to Sound, Jacques Feyder, Jean Vigo
49. Twilight Time Appreciation Show
48. Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman
47. Downhill Racer & the Olympics
46. First Anniversary Show
45. In a Lonely Place (1950) & Humphrey Bogart Films
44. A Brighter Summer Day (1991)
43. The Player (1992)
42. Silent Film Music with Ben Model
41. Barcelona and Whit Stillman
40. The Science Fiction Episode
39. The War Room (1993) & Politics in Film
38. The Manchurian Candidate (1962)
37. Only Angels Have Wings (1939)
36. Plain Archive, 1988 Films, Cannes 2016
35. Lady Snowblood, Don Hertzfeldt, 4K TVs
34: A Conversation with Michele Rosenthal
33. The Graduate (1967)
32. Gross Out Episode (Part Two)
31. Antichrist (2009) and The Gross Out Episode
30. A Podcast about Podcasting
29. Fat Girl (2001)
28. Slacker (1991)
27. Canadian Close-Up
26. Jellyfish Eyes (2013)
25. Dont Look Back (1967)
24. A Conversation with Caitlin Kuhwald
23.5. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
23. Breaker Morant (1980) and Mister Johnson (1990)
22. A Room with a View (1986)
21. A Christmas Tale (2008)
20. March Releases & the Best Blu-Rays of 2015.
19. A Conversation with Alex Cox
18. Expanded News and an Announcement
17. Dressed to Kill (1980)
16. February 2016 Releases and #CriterionBlogathon
15. Code Unknown & the Career of Michael Haneke
14. Blind Chance (1981) & the Mulholland Drive Aftermath
13. Mulholland Drive (2001) & Unraveling the Mystery
12. The Brood (1979) & Early Cronenberg
11. January 2016 Releases & The Classic Film Blogosphere
10. House (abbreviated), The Shining, and Haunted House Films.
9. Moonrise Kingdom & the Wes Anderson Debate
8. Hiroshima Mon Amour & Romance Across Borders
7. William Becker Tribute, December Releases & The Cult of Collecting
6. 12 Angry Men & Single Location Films
5. If… (1968) & Angry Young Men
4. Day for Night (1973) & Truffaut films from 1968-1975.
3. Criterion Close-Up: November Releases and Criterion Geekfest.
2. My Life as a Dog (1985) & Lasse Hallström
1. Broadcast News (1987) and Film Through Media.
FRENCH 1930s SERIES
1. Silent to Sound, Jacques Feyder, Jean Vigo
2. Early Jean Renoir
3. Julien Duvivier
CRITERION SHORT CUTS EPISODES
6. In Cold Blood (1967)
5. Here Is Your Life (1966)
4. 3:10 to Yuma (1957)
3. Night & the City (1950)
2. Weekend (1967)
1. Alambrista! (1977)
What the hell happened to Rushmore, Revanche and Inside Llewyn Davis upcoming episodes? Disappointing!
Inside Llewyn Davis is coming as a bonus. We decided to save Rushmore and Revanche for good guest opportunities.
I sincerely appreciate the reply. Looking forward to those upcoming podcasts. I love your podcast so much. Keep up the great content. Sorry for sounding like a douchebag lol.
Also, I heard in a past podcast that you all were trying to do a Chaplin episode. Is that true? If so, any updates on that?
No worries. 🙂
It is tough scheduling because we want to do ALL the films we love.
Yes, we will do a big Chaplin episode. Actually, it has evolved into two and potentially more. The Kid release changed things. What we might do is an early Chaplin episode and then revisit Limelight for a later Chaplin episode. Everything is lined up, but we only have the energy for one in the schedule. Glad you love the cast!
I meant to say one big episode per month. That’s why we had to separate Llewyn from Dylan (and also we didn’t get the discs in time).
What happened to you guys? Why no more podcasts?
Hey Joe, we have done some travel and also been busy doing podcasts on CriterionCast. We have one “in the can” for Only Angels Have Wings” that should go up within the next few days. Thanks for checking!
Pingback: A New Criterion Podcast | Criterion Blues .....
Pingback: Introducing: Criterion Close-Up | Criterion Blues .....
Pingback: The Game, 1997, David Fincher | Criterion Blues .....
Pingback: Podcast: Broadcast News & Film Through Media | Criterion Blues .....
Pingback: First Podcast | Criterion Blues .....