CCU52: Carnival of Souls
Mark, Aaron and Eric Ford begin a month of horror with the micro-budget cult classic, Carnival of Souls. We talk about what makes this such an enduring classic that has held up over time, the bizarre story about how it was made, its influences and what it has influenced, and what type of artistic aims the filmmakers tried to reach.
Or listen here to it here:
For other apps or mobile devices, try this link.
Or direct download/listen to the MP3.
Episode Links & Notes
Special Guest: Eric Ford from The Burlington Film Society and the Vermont International Film Festival.
1:10 – Welcome Eric Ford from Burlington Film Society, Vermont International Film Festival.
4:10 – Vermont International Film Festival
11:20 – Short Takes (Angst, The Neon Demon, Son of Saul, The Brood, Neon Bull, Anomalisa)
31:45 – Carnival of Souls
- VTIFF – A-Z
- Aaron’s Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind review
- Wrong Reel 181: TIFF
- Dana Gould as Dr. Zaius/Mark Twain
- Rifftrax – Carnival of Souls
- Criterion – Carnival of Souls
- IMDB – Carnival of Souls
- Mark Hurne: Twitter | Letterboxd
- Aaron West: Twitter | Blog | Letterboxd
- Criterion Close-Up: Facebook | Twitter | Email
- Music from Ben Model: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Next time on the podcast: The Vanishing
Posted on October 10, 2016, in Criterions, Podcast. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
Reblogged this on .