CCU53: The Vanishing
Mark and Aaron cover the Dutch and French horror/suspense classic, The Vanishing. Having experienced this film numerous times before, we are able to explore the foreshadowing and narrative structure that led us on a wild journey to an even wilder ending. We talk about obsession, control, that harrowing ending, and yes, we even get into the American remake.
Or listen here to it here:
For other apps or mobile devices, try this link.
Or direct download/listen to the MP3.
Episode Links & Notes
3:10 – October Horror Schedule
5:00 – Short Takes (The Tin Drum, Chevalier, Stop Making Sense, Tapeheads)
23:00 – The Vanishing
- Cinema Gadfly Episode 21 – The Vanishing
- Magic Lantern Episode 20 – The Vanishing
- The Vanishing – Criterion
- The Vanishing – IMDB
- Tim Krabbé – Cycling Profile
- Twilight Time – The Vanishing (1993 American Remake)
- Mark Hurne: Twitter | Letterboxd
- Aaron West: Twitter | Blog | Letterboxd
- Criterion Close-Up: Facebook | Twitter | Email
Next time on the podcast: House
Reblogged this on .